Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I built this quilt on Rock and Roll

I've been quilting and jamming out to Cher radio on Pandora... ut oh.

CAUTION: before reading further be warned that this post will be full of corny 80's and 90's lyrics because I think I'm witty.

I've had Hungry Eyes for new free motion designs. So tonight I did this.
I'm pretty excited about it.  It's a very simple flame design I knocked off from  Leah Day's Flame Stitch. By the way, Leah, You're The Inspiration.  

My McTavishing gives (express your) Love A Bad Name. As you can see it's spunkier and happier and funky. Mainly because I'm feeling spunkier and happier and funky! It's still not quite to par but I'm happy with it because I'm getting so much better. I'm sure Karen McTavish would cry if she saw this... then she'd probably teach me how to do it properly. 

Another one (is about to) bites the dust... My machine is making really loud noises and I don't know what to do! Ah! It's probably because I'm quilting an art piece on a Singer Stylist that was designed more for costume making rather than art quilting! I start my new job on Thursday and I'll immediately start saving for a new machine! Hopefully a Janome. 





This is the quilt thus far, I'm loving it! Every time I look at it I can't believe I did that! Even though it doesn't look perfect I can honestly say that I've Had The Time of My Life quilting Express Your Love! 


You may have asked yourself at some point What's Love Got Ta' Do, Got Ta' Do With It? The answer is everything!!! 

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. 

I'm having a very difficult time coming up with more words to add to the quilt. Tonight I can't stop thinking that "Pour Some Sugar On Me" would look great, yet terribly inappropriate for this quilt! 
If you were doing this quilt what would you write on it to express your love of yourself? 

I'm going to leave you with these wise words from the goddess herself "If I could reach the stars, I'd give them all to you, and you'd love me, love me, love me like you used to do." 

Quilt on, 
Hoppi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated, I love to hear from you!