1) 5 Wine totes and 3 quilts for my shop
- I have two of the five totes complete and the squares cut for the quilts, but not pieced.
- I have the entire table runner cut and ready to piece. I will probably be done piecing this evening and finished quilting by the weekend.
|This photo doesn't do the colors justice, they're so vibrant and beautiful!|
3) My wedding, a total work in progress! I feel like I have so much to do, but I've already gotten so much done!
- We've already: booked the venue, booked the photographer, created the website, spoken to a few DJ's, and picked our caterer but did not book her yet. I've compiled the final guest list, and addresses to match! I bought the dress and head piece. I found my shoes. I've decided on how I want to decorate, as well as what we're doing for favors.
- What needs to be done: make the linens for the tables. Make the coral and orange table runners. Design the save the dates and invitations. Come upon a ton of free mason jars (this is basically done, Suravi is awesome!). Learn to fold origami cranes and make 1,000 of them. Decide on the food we want. Decide on our signature cocktail. Decide what hair style. Purchase gifts for parents, grandparents, and the wedding party.
|My significant otter ;)|
While I'm sure there will be more that needs to be done than that, it's a good start. I feel fairly accomplished being that the wedding is still 9 months away!
I want to touch on the origami cranes a bit. Some of you may know that I studied abroad in Japan while in college, and D and I are going to Japan for our honeymoon! (for those of you who are new D which stands for Derrick, is the love of my life, my best friend, and my future husband!) It's Japanese legend that anyone who folds 1,000 cranes will be granted one wish by a crane, as well as good luck. Derrick and I will be folding the cranes as a way to learn something new together, spend quality quiet time together, and hopefully get some of that good luck! The cranes will be used as decoration for the wedding!
4) Our bed quilt. I don't even like thinking about finishing it!
- The top is pieced, the back is pieced.
- It needs to be sandwiched and quilted. Luckily I got this awesome deal on batting yesterday. Once the batting comes, if I have time, I will attempt to start quilting this bad boy! I don't even know where to start, suggestions?
Whew, that was a long list! My future Wedding Wednesday posts will probably be more wedding focused, I just haven't done much physical stuff that I can show you yet! Today I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday, please see the button on my side bar! I hope you all have a productive Wednesady!