Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Express Your Love

It's not often that I do something for myself. In fact, I don't recall the last time I ever did anything entirely for myself.
Last week, I decided to do something for myself.

That something is called Express Your Love.

It's a quilt, an art quilt to be exact.

I fell in love with quilting in November, when I first taught myself how to piece. Now I want more! More knowledge, more stitches, more designs, more fabric, more art, more, more, more! I've made about 9 quilts, and not one of them did I keep.

This one, I'm keeping.

A few months ago I started feeling really down on myself. I felt ugly, fat, poor, dumb. I felt as if I were going no where in life. To be completely honest with you, I still feel a lot of these things.
I'm not doing this because I want your sympathy. I don't. I am doing this as an outlet, to share with you why I chose the words I did to write on this quilt, why I decided to make the quilt in the first place, and what my journey means throughout making the quilt.


Here it is.



I am making this quilt to express my love of myself. 

This blog is to document my first art quilt, and hopefully many more after this. 

I am using the pattern created by Leah Day. Check out her website, she is awesome. 

Quilt on,
Hoppi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated, I love to hear from you!