Today I finally finished the border, basted, and began quilting.
For Christmas Derrick's Grandmother got me 3 spools of aurifil 50wt cotton thread. I have never used Aurifil before so I was really eager and excited to try it...
So smooth, so amazing. I never want to quilt with anything else. I did run into a few problems while quilting...
I'm just really hoping it's not the thread.
I am really happy with what I have done thus far though. I'm basically just stitching in the ditch along the pinwheels and outlining the elephants.
I chose a beige thread to match the background of the elephants on the front as well as the beige elements in the green fabric.
I'll be using the same color thread around the border, but I'm just not too sure what I will quilt there yet.
I was originally thinking feathers, but I can't even sketch them out. I guess I will continue to practice, but if anyone has any other ideas of what to do for the border I welcome them with open arms!
I'm going to start a few more projects this month and finish them through out the year, I'm really excited about this Lovely Year of Finishes!
Today I'm linking up with FMQ Friday and Can I get a Whoop Whoop.