Friday, January 3, 2014

Pinwheels and Elephants; my January finish

For the month of January I am going to finish my Pinwheels and Elephants quilted table runner.

Today I finally finished the border, basted, and began quilting.

For Christmas Derrick's Grandmother got me 3 spools of aurifil 50wt cotton thread. I have never used Aurifil before so I was really eager and excited to try it...


LIKE BUTTA.

So smooth, so amazing. I never want to quilt with anything else. I did run into a few problems while quilting...


 I broke three, yes three, needles. Now it could be because my machine is dirty. So I will be cleaning it out and trying again tomorrow.

I'm just really hoping it's not the thread.

















I am really happy with what I have done thus far though. I'm basically just stitching in the ditch along the pinwheels and outlining the elephants.

I chose a beige thread to match the background of the elephants on the front as well as the beige elements in the green fabric.



I'll be using the same color thread around the border, but I'm just not too sure what I will quilt there yet.

I was originally thinking feathers, but I can't even sketch them out. I guess I will continue to practice, but if anyone has any other ideas of what to do for the border I welcome them with open arms!

I'm going to start a few more projects this month and finish them through out the year, I'm really excited about this Lovely Year of Finishes!

Today I'm linking up with FMQ Friday and Can I get a Whoop Whoop.

Quilt on,
Hoppi

















1 comment:

Comments are much appreciated, I love to hear from you!