Friday, January 31, 2014

ALYOF: January Finish

Ahhhh it's January 31st already! That means a few things...

1) January is over
2) January finish must be completed (originally blogged here and here)
and
3) It's mine and Derrick's anniversary! Yay!

My anniversary gift with my January finish!
Five years today, to be exact... and what an incredible five years it has been! I can't imagine my life without Derrick, which I suppose is a good thing since we are getting married in May!

January was such a wonderful month for a handful of reasons. I have been hitting professional goals like its my job. [see what I did there?] I'm feeling healthier, most likely because I'm now heading into my third month of personal training, and I'm so addicted to the gym. I'm learning to manage my energy levels... chronic fatigue is no fun, and no joke. My health is steadily improving (more on that issue to come), and wedding planning is going so smoothly I almost feel as if I could plan a new wedding every month (more on that to come as well)!

I'm almost sad to see January go, but I am so thrilled to see what February has to offer me!


As for my January finish; Pinwheels and Elephants table runner! I started this back in July. I'm not sure what kept me from finishing it, but here it is, finally done!  Whoop Whoop!

I used a 50w beige Aurifil thread to quilt, and Coats and Clark for piecing. 

I did the binding by machine. I just can't bring myself to hand bind anything. However, maybe I should start... these corners are terrible. Does anyone have any good tips or tutorials for machine binding corners?








Overall I'm really happy with this finish. Derrick put it right on the coffee table after I showed it to him, and that is right where it will stay!

Today I'm linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, and TGIFF!

I am SO excited about next month's finish... but more on that tomorrow!
For now...

Quilt on,
Hoppi

3 comments:

  1. Owo so special. Happy Anniversary! Love the feathers. You did a great quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Anniversary and congrats on a beautiful finish! Sorry, I have no tips for machine binding... I enjoy keeping my hands busy during a movie or TV show by hand-sewing the binding. Your corners don't look that bad, and remember that no one sees the back of table runners ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Happy anniversary and glad you're feeling well! Nope, can't help with machine binding. I so want to be able to do it, but I'm never ever ever satisfied with the results. Maybe I'm too picky. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated, I love to hear from you!