Monday, January 27, 2014

I'm a Nerd, and I'm okay with it.

More than okay with it, I love who I am.

I recently came across this. Why the F Guys Play Video Games over at Witty + Pretty. I love Ashely's blog, she's so raw and fowl mouthed and real. She's also a girly girl and anti anything that is not girly girl. That's OK. It's also OK to be a girly girl and be a hardcore gamer...

Exhibit A:
That's me. I'm wearing nail polish, wearing make up, lots of jewelry, drinking a very girly drink with rum and I'm sure grenadine, my hair is ombre, and I LOVE VIDEO GAMES.




Not only do I love video games but I love to watch TED talks on neuroscience. I love to geocache. In college I wrote a 70+ page bill about outlawing GMO's... for fun.








Recently I've been playing Ni no Kuni like my life depends on it. I also play Guild Wars 2 an MMO,
on which my handle is Hoppipolla, and I belong to one of the largest guilds on my server. Have no idea what I'm talking about? That's FINE! Gaming is sort of a release for me, in the same way quilting is a release. It calms me down after a stressful day at work, or it really gets me riled up and angry, cursing like a sailor. They stimulate my brain, and get me thinking; unlike sitting on the couch watching chick flicks and painting my nails.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE watching chick flicks, painting my nails, eating ice cream, drinking champagne, and crying my eyes out (yes, simultaneously). I am a girl, but being a girl, being fit, loving make up, nail polish, dresses and tights, does not mean that I can't enjoy gaming.


I guess the moral of the story here is you can be girly and you can love gaming, and you should not be ashamed.

Let your nerd flag fly,
Hoppi

5 comments:

  1. I am not a gamer but this post made me smile :) Game on girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  2. heh, rock on! I've been playing Double Fine's Broken Age from their big kickstarter campaign. I forgot how MUCH DIALOG is in point and click adventures are! I'm still on the fence, I need to see where it is going to decide if it was worth all the clicking or not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! And you're very cute and girly in your picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sudre!!! I can't say I ever got into the point and click at all, its something I should really try in the future though!

      Delete

Comments are much appreciated, I love to hear from you!