Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Talkin' bout my generation

This post is going to be photo free and boring for some, maybe those of you who aren't quilters. However, I really need to get what I'm feeling out, and you're the best people to get out my feelings to!


I am so proud, humbled, and excited to be part of the next generation of quilters. In quilting, however, I don't believe a generation has to do with when you were born, but rather, when your inner quilter was born.

Being part of this community has done so much good for me. Not only have I made so many new awesome friends, but I have support from those people all over the world. You all help me see the beauty in my work, give me the confidence, and help me feel the pride that I need to keep on keeping on. For that, I thank you.

It seems as if every where I turn I find other quilters who started around the same time I did. Those who recently began the journey of free motion quilting, and those who have been doing it from the start. We learn from other quilters in this community. Those like Leah Day, Karen McTavish, Maddie Kertay, Angela Walters, Bonnie Hunter, and so so so so so many more.

It just hit me this morning that one day I will be the teacher, and there will be so many more artists eager to learn... from me. This realization makes me eager to learn more, and as we all know you can never learn enough and you never stop learning!

It's the community of quilters and quilt bloggers that keeps me going strong, that inspires me to create, that opens my eyes to beauty I hadn't known before the art of quilting.


I guess what I'm really trying to say is thank you. Thank you to all my new found friends, thank you to all my teachers, and thank you to all those who appreciate my art. I sincerely appreciate you all, and honestly, couldn't do this without you.


Quilt on,
Hoppi

2 comments:

  1. Aww. I'm glad to meet you too and can't wait to see where the journey takes you. I expect nothing less than total awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated, I love to hear from you!