I had every intention of getting this done on Friday, but unfortunately I was so so so sick this weekend I couldn't even get out of bed. Luckily, I'm much better! So enjoy my Quilter's Favorites!
- Any advice for a successful color scheme of a quilt ?
- Some thoughts about thread and needles, batting, fabrics ?
- Could you share some tips for easy piecing?
- If you enjoy other quilt techniques than patchwork, could you share some tips with us ?
- Some machine quilting tips- if you are a machine quilter ?
- The sewing machine - please share a few things you love at your sewing machine; what makes it special ? What features do you think are the most important to a sewing machine used for quilting?
- Do you have free tutorials on your blog? Share a link to one of your favorites.
- Share some tips for organizing the sewing tools, the fabrics, the sewing studio?
- Label, label, label. Label everything, and keep everything where it is labeled to be. This makes life SO much easier.
- Coordinate fabric by color. I used to have a scrap bin that I just threw everything in together, now I have a few fabric containers that I organize by color and size. It makes finding fabric much quicker!
- Contain everything in one place. My place is our tiny crawl space we have in our front closet. I have everything labeled and packed together in this space so whether I need a needle or a yard of batting, I know where to look!
- Could you recommend a book to someone who just started quilting ? A quilting bible ?
- List one or two of your favorite quilting techniques and a tutorial/pattern/book where you learned about them ?
- Do you have a favorite quilt designer ?
- Do you have a favorite quilt blogger?
- Would you like to share one of your favorite quilts, made by you ?
- What would be the perfect gift for your best quilting friend ?
- Don't Do Like Me!
Put your foot down... literally. Put your foot down. I have left my foot up so many times it's not funny. I don't know why I've done this, I've been sewing for years, it's no different when quilting!!!
- If there is something else you would like to share with us, please do it. And please tell us a little about you, we would love to know you better.
About me: I began quilting in November of 2012 due to a photo of a newbie quilter on Instagram. This random stranger girl on Instagram told me to quilt, gave me the tutorial and I listened to her, and I began quilting. Thanks stranger, now internet friend, Jahayma! More personal stuff about me: I live in a small town in Pennsylvania in the Lehigh Valley. I went to college for Political Science and French and am now a full time nanny for children with special needs and a part time pet sitter. I live at my mom's house with my boyfriend and dog, though we're moving on Friday to our own apartment. I enjoy being out doors, running, disc golfing, and hiking with my dog, Madison. I am a gamer. Super Nerd. Science fanatic. I play MMO's (Massive Multiplayer Online), yes, exactly like World of Warcraft. Though, currently I play Guild Wars 2. In my life family comes first, but that includes those friends who have become our family. I love to travel, and when I one day have enough money I will travel. I'm very goal oriented so I save for lots of different things. My large long term goal is to attend the Tokyo Quilt Festival sometime in the near(ish) future.
I hope you enjoyed my Quilter's Favorites. I very much look forward to reading everyone else's! I want to end with a HUGE thank you to Geta Grama for putting this on. You're awesome girl!