Monday, March 24, 2014

Wedding Quilt Update!

As promised, I'm here with an update on our wedding quilt!

Not quite the update that I'd love to share, but an update none the less.


 I drew my layout, and did the math for the size I'd like it to be. I cut my squares but not my borders, which I'll probably just cut as I go.














  The first try at printing on fabric turned out okay, but my printer cut off a bit of the photo.








My second try at printing was a total disaster. I jammed my printer and had to pull out all the little threads that got stuck. Oops.

When you don't succeed try, try again.


I have to buy some more bubble jet set and I will try again. More on that to come, though. As soon as I figure this out I will write up a tutorial for you all so you can try it, too!



My H2H quilt is also in the works. It will be made for a woman, and I am SO excited about it. I am using another person's pattern for the first time and I can't wait! Check back for an update on that later this week!


For now, I'm off to play some Final Fantasy X remastered.

What have you been up to this week other than quilting?



Quilt on,
Hoppi










1 comment:

  1. Sweet! Cant wait to see how you make that printing thing work. I've been playing South Park Stick of Truth. So awful - and damn funny at the same time. I hate that I laugh at Trey and Matt! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated, I love to hear from you!