Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Duces, 2013.

2013 was a bitch... a bipolar bitch.

I guess there were a few good moments... like the time Derrick and I got our first apartment together, all on our own with no roommates or parents.
We also got thoroughly drunk on champagne the night we were accepted.


I threw an off the wall bomb diggity surprise 25th birthday party.
Oh yeah, and an itty bitty thing that happened this year.
he put a ring on it!

My best girlfriend had a baby! I spent a lot of valuable time with family. Derrick and I had an amazing vacation in Los Angeles.  I finished a couple beautiful quilts. I started some pretty amazing quilts. I began writing this blog and art quilting.

I also became unemployed on four, yes FOUR, separate occasions.  I gained a butt load of weight, most likely from sitting on the couch for all those times I was unemployed. I discovered that I have a health issue that has yet to be diagnosed. I went from being very very poor to very financially comfortable almost over night. I started my career, not just another job, but a career!
I'm finally figuring out the best way to keep my energy levels up so I can quilt/craft more!

In 2013 my highs were incredibly high and my lows were incredibly low.

2014 will be my best year yet. I'm getting married, Derrick is graduating college, aaannnddd I have  A LOT of new quilt projects in the works! I can't wait to share them all with you!


I wish you all a very happy, healthy, and quilty new year!


Quilt on,
Hoppi

1 comment:

  1. There were some big bummers but awesome highlights! 2014 is going to be full of the truly most amazing moments of your life! I can't wait for your wedding day! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated, I love to hear from you!